Hours of Operation
May - October
Daily 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Phone (613) 329-6265
110 Kate St, Gananoque, ON
The 1000 Islands Kayaking Company is nationally certified and has three locations in Gananoque, Kingston and Brockville, Ontario. We are only minutes off Hwy 401 and smack in the middle of Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal, directly on the Canadian side of Ivy Lea Bridge to the USA. Our leisurely adventures of this historically charming and ecologically rich area are truly the closest way anyone can get to the river and islands.
What You'll See
Full and half day tours depart daily May through October
We take care of everything to get you on the water, including: high end touring kayaks (single or double), all safety equipment, nationally certified guides, introductory lesson, park permits, dry bags for your personal belongings, a gourmet island lunch and great opportunities for personal exploration, swimming, hiking and photography.
Group sizes are small for a more relaxing and intimate experience. Great local stories, interaction with the islands and sharing an adventure with your partner, friends, kids or coworkers makes for a truly memorable day on the water.
Comfortable venturing of on your own? Complete rental packages are available from half days to multi-day expeditions. We provide detailed maps, permits to the National Park Islands and solid advice to assist with your route planning. Just dress yourself for the weather, pack a picnic and ask as many questions as you would like.
We offer a full range of programming and gear sales:
- Introductory lessons, private coaching and national level certifications.
- Weekend camping trips include a private cook on a National Park island for your dining and relaxing pleasure.
- Want to get your kids outside and active? Our outdoor education specialists work with local school boards for curriculum linked courses, week long day camps and social youth paddling clubs.
- Business or social groups get our private attention. Need we say more, what happens in the islands, stays in the islands! Group rats are available for 8 or more paddlers.
- Our Paddle Fit program is awesome for personal fitness, strength technique and endurance training. This non-competitive coaching will help you save energy, deliver more power and boost your confidence as a recreational or expedition paddler.
- Looking for a used kayak? Our boats are well maintained and turn over quickly. Come out for a free test paddle to find the right boat for your personal paddling adventures.